Food trends inside the Global Gluten-Free Food Market
The global market for gluten-free products is expected to reach a value of USD 6.47 Bn by 2023, up from USD 4.48 Bn in 2018, according to a report produced by Research On Global Markets. Based on this data, all growth in the market can be attributed to rising incidences of celiac diseases, obesity primarily in the developed economies. They have also added that various forms of health issues connected with gluten allergies or intolerances to this list as well, and it includes health hazards like digestive problems and anemia.
It’s the consumer’s perception that gluten-free products are mostly diet foods that will actually drive the Global Gluten-Free Food Market in the upcoming years. The industry has been quick to recognize this and have even adapted to using unique promotional strategies to help with boosting manufacturing and sales. These are new approaches like free in-store sampling of new or modified food items, live sessions of cooking demonstrations and even attractive packaging for those food items and retail store shelves tags and other marketing visuals. All of these appear to be playing crucial roles in influencing consumer purchases.
The other influencing factor behind consumer buying gluten-free foods is their inclination towards leading a healthier life that is closely connected to their association of these products as being healthy. A third reason that might have a positive impact on the market this awareness of how regular use of gluten-free items can regulate irresistible bowel syndrome (IBS) and celiac diseases.
So, in this market for gluten-free products usually has a vast collection of foods that are free of the gluten protein, for people who wish to skip it if they need to stay healthy. Given in this list is are some of those products that are available in the their free form or mixed in with other packaged goods.
- Corn grains are added as a part of the gluten-free diet and the industry also offers variations like grits, flour, and even snacks contain corn. Then, you have several levels like raw, processed, cooked and uncooked.
- Rice is the second most popular and there are several variations like basmati, white, and brown, black, purple to name a few. Research On Global Markets has also done a research report on the Packaged Dry Rice Market as well.
- Flours are used for making or processing other foods at home, but for celiac sufferers and the health-conscious crowd, the market also offers flour made from gluten-free grains beans, almonds, coconut, and millets.
- For individuals only focused on a gluten-free diet for health purposes, the Global Gluten-Free Food Market does provide other specialty foods made using ingredients like sorghum, amaranth, cassava, and fonio. Such products aren’t made from gluten but do include additional nutrition, minerals, and vitamins that literally make them healthier than most foods on the market.
- At the same time, manufacturers also make foods that people eat daily but are gluten-free, and its things like bakery products, dairy items, meat and its substitutes, pasta, condiments, spices and spreads, desserts and ice cream, and even an array of ready-to-eat meals differentiated as different cuisines, flavours, vegan, vegetarian and non- vegetarian