WHAT’S BEHIND THE INCREASING GLOBAL CONSUMPTION OF PROBIOTICS
Out of all the dietary supplements available in the market, probiotics have witnessed accelerated growth across the world with regard to consumption. This growth is attributed mainly to specific research revelations, as well as increasing health consciousness and the adoption of preventive care. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that have numerous health benefits and are especially beneficial for the digestive system. As contradictory as it may sound, these kinds of bacteria ensure all the internal functions of the body are running correctly.
There are hundreds of different probiotics available in the market, with most of them designed to benefit the gut. Moreover, there are a number of gender-specific probiotic supplements which consumers can choose from. Probiotics typically work to restore the beneficial bacteria in the body and offer a plethora of essential and supportive health benefits.
- They boost energy levels and help fight depression. Probiotics have the inherent capability to reduce anxiety and stress levels significantly.
- They enhance the metabolism rate and prevent thyroid problems from aggravating.
- Probiotics act as detoxifiers while also enhancing the body’s natural detox mechanisms. They even fight and reduce inflammations in the body.
- Probiotic supplements help in the absorption of minerals like calcium, magnesium, and zinc, which are all critical to healing.
- They help decrease food sensitivities by reducing bloating, gas, and diarrhea, as well as alleviate irritable bowel syndrome or IBS.
- Probiotics help keep insulin and blood sugar levels in control, and maintain leptin sensitivity, which aids in regulating appetite.
The primary applications of probiotic supplements are aimed explicitly at improving digestive health and immunity. The number of digestive ailments among different age groups is growing due to changing lifestyles and food habits. It is one of the most critical factors contributing to the increased consumption of probiotics.
Check out the Research on Global Markets report featured in this article:
However, in recent years, the application of probiotics is witnessing considerable expansion beyond the digestive system and immunity. Probiotics are also being consumed to address women’s health, oral health, skin health, and cardiovascular health, along with solutions for chronic diseases, such as cancer, obesity, and diabetes. Expansion in the applications of probiotics and its increasing consumption across the world bodes well for the growth of the global probiotic supplements market. Based on these trends, research firm Netscribes anticipates significant expansion of this market in the foreseeable future.