Conjugate Vaccine Market to Be Worth USD 87.7 Bn by 2022
According to a new Research on Global Markets report, the global conjugate vaccine market is expected to be worth approximately USD 87.7 Bn by 2022, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.7 % during the 2017-2022 period.
Conjugate vaccines are vaccines for infectious diseases. Some bacteria and viruses have special polysaccharide coatings, which help them escape the immune system. Conjugate vaccines help immune systems recognize these bacteria, by linking the special polysaccharide coatings to an organism and eventually providing immunity.
According to the report, due to global awareness about the life-saving benefits of vaccination to prevent certain life-threatening diseases, the production of low-cost vaccinations and routine vaccination programmes being organized in emerging economies, the market for the conjugate vaccine is expected to experience steady growth.
Check out the Research on Global Markets report featured in this article:
Pneumococcal disease is the leading vaccine-preventable cause of death among children. Based on disease indication, Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine segment occupied 24.66% of the market segment. The introduction of low-cost pneumococcal vaccines in low-income economies has become a global initiative, with donors, academicians, industrialists, and international organizations partnering up to achieve this goal. Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and pertussis (DTP) conjugate vaccine held a market share of 23% in 2017, owing to the wide incidence of respiratory diseases among children and adults.
Depending on the end users, the global market for conjugate vaccines is bifurcated into pediatric conjugate vaccines and adult conjugate vaccine segments. The pediatric segment is a stable market, while the penetration level for adult conjugate vaccines is comparatively lower. However, the adult segment is seen to have a larger market share owing to the increase in awareness of conjugate vaccines for adults.
If we pay attention to the regional insights, the report points out that the Asia Pacific region occupied a market share of 42% in 2017. Countries such as India and China have encouraged spending on research and development of conjugate vaccines and the growing geriatric population in these regions adds to the need for conjugate vaccines for adults. Widespread immunization programmes put the North American region second on the list of biggest markets for conjugate vaccines. The Middle East and Africa, and Latin America regions are yet to gain flight owing to the underdeveloped infrastructures and low awareness of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Key highlights of this report:
1. Trends in the global conjugate vaccine market.
2. Market attractiveness analysis, and geography-wise market revenue (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa)
3. Qualitative analysis of the global drivers and challenges affecting the market and its segments
4. Porter’s five forces analysis.
5. Segmentation based on disease indication (pneumococcal conjugate vaccine [PCV], Haemophilus influenza type B [Hib] conjugate vaccine, diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and pertussis [DTP] conjugate vaccine, meningococcal conjugate vaccine, and others) - historical (2014-2016) and forecasted (2017-2022) market size (USD Bn), and key market observations
6. Segmentation based on the end user (pediatric vaccine, and adult vaccine) - historical (2014-2016) and forecasted (2017-2022) market size (USD Bn), and key market observations