According to a new Netscribes report published by Research on Global Markets, the global digital broadcasting market is expected to reach a value of USD 310.81 Bn by 2023, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.17%.
The report highlights that the expansion of the Internet and other digital infrastructure is leading to the growth of online video platforms, which is influencing the viewing patterns of consumers around the world. According to the report, the market is classified into three digital broadcasting segments based on the subscription models – pay TV, free-to-air TV, and digital radio. Among these, the pay TV segment is anticipated to witness the highest growth rate during the forecasted period, mainly due to increased broadband penetration and willingness among consumers to pay for premium content.
According to the report, the Asia-Pacific region held the highest market share in 2018, owing to the increased penetration of broadband services in the region. North America, on the other hand, has been losing a significant share of the global digital broadcasting market due to an increase in licensing fees and a shift in viewers’ preference from television content to mobile content.
Check out the Netscribes report featured in this article:
Key highlights of this report:
- Trends in the global digital broadcasting market
- Comprehensive global market overview, including historical (2015–2017) and forecasted (2018–2023) market size (USD Bn), geography-wise market revenue (USD Bn), and market attractiveness analysis
- Qualitative analysis of the drivers and challenges affecting the market and its segments
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of the major players operating in the market
- Value chain analysis
- Market segmentation based on subscription model - pay TV (direct-to-home [DTH], IPTV, digital terrestrial television [DTT], and mobile TV) – historical (2015–2017) and forecasted (2018–2023) market size (USD Bn), and key market observations
- Market segmentation based on region (North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa)
This report has been formulated and designed with the purpose of giving businesses a concise understanding of the demand in the television broadcasting industry to determine the viability of the market, develop strategies based on the drivers, and to help brands identify competition and respond accordingly.