According to a Netscribes report published by Research on Global Markets, the global distributed antenna systems (DAS) market is expected to experience a considerable compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.16%, and will reach a market size of USD 12.2 Bn by 2023.
According to the report, DAS helps telecommunication companies that have poor or no coverage, both inside and outside buildings. Distributed antenna systems (DAS) address the problem of poor network-coverage in isolated spots, such as inside large buildings. A network of small antennae is installed throughout the structure, which is then connected to a server. The antennae are connected to a controller, which is in turn connected to the base station via the wireless carrier’s network.
Telecommunication companies are competing to provide the best quality services and products to their customers. They are competing for access rights to indoor venues like stadiums, casinos, and corporate offices. DAS improves wireless connectivity and cell phone reception inside such buildings, thus increasing their resale values. The global distributed antenna systems market segment is based on offerings, ownership, verticals, and geography.
Within the verticals segment, the public sub-segment held the largest market share of around 45%. The demand for distributed antenna systems is increasing due to growing mobile data traffic in public spaces, such as railway stations, airports, and malls, which will augment the requirement for communication networks in such areas. The increasing adoption of DAS by corporate offices, to improve connectivity and productivity, is expected to drive the commercial segment.
Check out the Netscribes report featured in this article:
Key highlights of this report:
- Trends in the global distributed antenna systems (DAS) market
- Market attractiveness analysis, and geography-wise market revenue (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa)
- Qualitative analysis of the global drivers and challenges affecting the market and its segments
- Market segmentation based on offerings (components and services) - historical (2015-2017) and forecasted (2018-2023) market size (USD Bn), and key market observations
- Market segmentation based on ownership (carriers, neutral-hosts, and enterprises) - historical (2015-2017) and forecasted (2018-2023) market size (USD Bn), and key market observations
- Market segmentation based on verticals (commercial, public, and others) - historical (2015-2017) and forecasted (2018-2023) market size (USD Bn), and key market observations
- Detailed analysis of the key developments and major innovations in the market