Global Feminine Hygiene Products Market to Be Worth Usd 52 Bn By 2023
According to a new Research On Global Markets report, the global feminine hygiene products market will expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8%, to reach a value of USD 52 Bn by 2023, from USD 37.4 Bn in 2018. Increasing awareness about intimate hygiene among women, coupled with preference for sanitary products, is generating a huge demand for feminine hygiene products across the world.
According to Research On Global Markets, the global market for feminine hygiene products is segmented on the basis of product type and distribution channel. Based on products, sanitary pads held the highest market share (55.1%) in 2018, driven by growing consumer awareness about the implications of using unhygienic products during menstruation. Sanitary pads have become the most common sanitary protection product across all the geographies and are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and absorption levels. Apart from sanitary pads, tampons were the second most common sanitary protection product in 2018, with a market share of 7%, owing to their convenience and growing popularity in European countries.
Based on distribution channel, the market is further segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, retail pharmacies, and e-commerce. The e-commerce and retail pharmacies segment is expected to witness the highest growth among all the distribution channels during the forecasted period. On the other hand, the specialty stores segment is expected to be another lucrative segment during the forecasted period, given the fact that they offer a wide range of products under one roof. This segment accounted for a significant 23% market share in 2018, according to Research On Global Markets.
Check out the Research on Global Markets report featured in this article:
Research On Global Markets tracks the performance of the global feminine hygiene products market across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific is leading the feminine hygiene products market, with a share of approximately 34.2% of the global market in 2018. The retail business in Asia-Pacific is witnessing considerable change, and thanks to an increase in disposable income in the region, women are able to choose from a variety of cleanliness and sanitary solutions. Europe is anticipated to expand at the highest CAGR (7.1%) during the forecasted period, owing to the presence of dominant players, high awareness, and a variety of feminine hygiene products.
Key highlights of this report:
- Global market overview - forecasted (2018-2023) market size (USD Bn), geography-wise market revenue (USD Bn), and market attractiveness analysis
- Qualitative analysis of the drivers and challenges affecting the global market
- Major trends in the global feminine hygiene products market
- Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of the major players operating in the market
- Market segmentation based on product types (sanitary pads, tampons, menstrual cups, and others) - forecasted (2018-2023) market size (USD Bn), market observations, and influencing factors
- Market segmentation based on distribution channels (supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, retail pharmacies, and e-commerce) - forecasted (2018-2023) market size (USD Bn), market observations, and influencing factors
- Market segmentation based on region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World)
This report has been formulated and designed with the purpose of giving businesses a concise understanding of the demand for feminine hygiene products across the world to determine the viability of the market, develop strategies based on the drivers, and to help brands identify competition and respond accordingly.