Research On Global Markets Publishes Report on the Adoption of Artificial Intelligence In Telecom
Research On Global Markets has released a report titled “Artificial Intelligence In Telecom - Industry Adoption Analysis”.The report is a part of the market intelligence firm’s AI insight series, and includes a comprehensive analysis of the adoption of AI in telecom, highlighting the major technology trends and opportunities available across the ecosystem.
Telecom companies are leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) solutions to address growing complexities in the communication networks with an intelligent approach to network planning and optimization, and achieve hyper-automation of telecom networks and usher in an era of self-healing and self-configuring networks. With the rise of AI techniques, new technology paradigms such as network virtualization, self-organizing networks (SONs), intelligent antennas, AI-powered radio-frequency (RF) front end and intelligent chipsets can be easily embedded into the communication networks. Moreover, including network intelligence allows mobile network operators (MNOs) to achieve efficient network management and cross spectrum protection.
The report published by Research On Global Markets includes an assessment of the acquisition trends since 2014 to provide insights on the technology drivers in the AI-driven telecom market. The key technologies include cloud-native solutions, security, virtualized RAN, SON, and network analytics. Distribution of these deals over the years also provides an overview of the roadmap that the major players are following and highlights the unique value proposition behind the mergers and acquisitions. The prominent participants in the space include telecom solution providers, MNOs, start-ups and investors. Some of the major players in this space include Nokia, Ericsson, Cisco and Zephyrtel.
Moreover, the report also includes a study of key telecom companies and other emerging entities in the AI in telecom space with comprehensive assessment of their partnerships, implementation strategies, and recent AI solutions and services. The report also highlights the transformation of current telecom business models with the integration of AI/ML techniques for driving new revenue streams and maximizing benefits.
Further, the report includes approximately 40 startups that are concentrating on various technological aspects like SON, cloud-native, network analytics, AI hardware, and interference cancellation. Some of the key entities included in the report are AT&T, Verizon, Nokia, Huawei, Ciena, Rakuten, and Orange. Moreover, the report also includes some of the start-ups like Cellwize, Altiostar, CujoAI, Kumu Networks, GenXcomm, Cambricon, Pivotal Commware, Metawave, Senseon, Parallel Wireless, Galgus, and Affirmed Networks.
Key highlights of the report:
- Innovative AI solutions making an impact in the telecom value chain
- Challenges and issues addressed by the implementation of AI algorithms in the telecom industry
- Emerging use cases and business models that are driving the adoption of AI
- Key enablers for AI technology in the industry
- Who are the frontrunners, and what are their implementations strategies?
- Current industry adoption status of AI in telecom
- Which are the disruptive entities that can be potential targets for driving AI in telecom?
- Since 2014, what are the acquisition trends for AI in telecom?
- Opportunities for the telecom companies to build a strong roadmap for the future of autonomous networks
- How can companies from other sectors tap into the AI in telecom market?