Source Market Insights; Canada provides an overview of the Canadian outbound market, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of the number of Canadian tourists going abroad, their spending habits and main destination markets.
• Although most Western countries have struggled to record positive outbound tourism owing to weak economic conditions, Canada has been a relatively strong performer, with the total number of outbound trips reaching close to 33 million in 2013.
• In Canada, it is common to travel during the winter months, with Florida in the US and Mexico being amongst the most popular destinations.
• Baby boomers are the largest outbound travel group amongst Canadians with cruise tourism becoming increasingly popular.
• As charter and LCC flights are taking a bigger share of Canada’s airline market, prices of flight tickets are falling and this having a positive effect on outbound tourism.
• The US is the main source market, accounting for over 70% of all Canadian outbound trips. Travel to the US is growing faster than non-US travel
• The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
• Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Canadian outbound tourism sector
• Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entireCanadian outbound tourism sector
• Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns of Canadian tourist abroad
Reasons To Buy
• Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Canadian outbound tourism sector
• Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in theCanadianoutbound tourism sector, along with key trends and grow opportunities