Wearable Devices Market in India 2015
Table of Content
Speak to Analyst
Enquire before purchase
India Wearable Device Market:
Technology-enabled wearable devices are gaining momentum in India and its segment will emerge as a dominant one in the Indian consumer electronics market. Fitness monitors, smart watches, and internet-enabled eyeglasses are the various types of wearable devices available in the Indian market.
India is a growing market for wearable device products. The introduction and availability of next generation cellular networks, and their improved connectivity are factors boosting the growth of the market. Indian start-ups are introducing various innovative products like GPS-enabled smart sports shoes, and multi-function Bluetooth devices that work as camera triggers and alerts while in motion, among others. The players are also heavily focusing on developing wearable devices with advanced features and applications that provide an enhanced digital experience.
The India wearables device market has players such as Goqii, Xioami, Fitbit, Garmin, Huawei, and others. Goqii holds the largest share of the market. Some of the other players with significant market shares in the category are Xioami, Fitbit, Garmin, and Huawei.
Key growth factors:
- In the last few years, Indian consumers have shown increased interest in wearable devices like smartwatches, fitness trackers, and fitness monitors, among others. People these days are more aware of the wearable devices and the applications that help in making daily life easy. Increased disposable income and awareness among Indian consumers are stimulating the growth of wearable devices market in India.
- The increased availability of 4G and WiFi networks is fuelling the adoption of wearable devices across the country. India is one of the fastest growing economies that is embracing 4G networks, and this is expected to trigger the growth of wearable technology and the devices market.
Threats and key players:
- The biggest factor deterring the growth of the wearable devices market in India is that it is too expensive. The iOS and Android applications can act as substitutes for the technology since many applications currently use smartphone sensors to track classic wearable metrics like steps taken, and heart rate, among others
- Apple India Pvt. Ltd., Google India Pvt. Ltd., Intel Technology India Pvt. Ltd., Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd., Nike India Pvt. Ltd., and Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd., are some of the major players operating in the Indian wearable device market
- Intel Technology India Pvt. Ltd.
- Google India Pvt. Ltd.
- Apple India Pvt. Ltd.
- Nike India Pvt. Ltd.
- Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
- Sony India Pvt. Ltd.
With the given market data, we offer customizations according to specific needs. Write to us at email@example.com, or connect with us here.
Estimated Delivery Time: Immediate dispatch
Slide 1: Executive Summary
Slide 2: GDP at Factor Cost: Quarterly (2011-12 – 2014-15), Inflation Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014 –Apr 2015)
Slide 3: Gross Fiscal Deficit: Monthly (Feb 2014 – Jul 2014), Exchange Rate: Monthly (Dec 2014 – May 2015)
Slide 4: Lending Rate: Annual (2011-12 – 2014-15), Trade Balance: Annual (2011-12– 2014-15), FDI: Annual (2010-11 – 2013-14)
Slide 5-9: Wearable Device Market – Overview
Slide 10-11: Market Overview – Global, Market Overview – India
Startups in Wearable Segment
Slide 12: Description and name of the startup companies in India
Drivers & Challenges
Slide 13: Drivers and Challenges – Summary
Slide 14-18: Drivers
Slide 19-20: Challenges
Slide 21-22: Key Market Trends – Wearable Devices
Slide 23: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Slide 24-27: Competitive Benchmarking
Slide 28-62: Major Private Players
Slide 63-68: Opportunities in Enterprises, SMEs and other Key Industries
Slide 69-70: Wearable Devices – Market Potential, Sales and Distribution Channel – Opportunities, and Recommendations
Slide 71: Key Ratios Description
Slide 72: Sources of Information