Medical Devices Market in India (2018-2023)
Table of Content
Speak to Analyst
Enquire before purchase
Developments in healthcare infrastructure, and a rise in lifestyle related diseases like hypertension, diabetes, asthma, etc. have led to an increasing demand for medical devices across India. The Indian medical devices market was valued at INR 338.62 Bn in 2017, and is expected to reach INR 794.29 Bn by the end of 2023, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~15.27% during the 2018-2023 period. It stands among the top 20 global medical devices market.
Market segment insights:
The diagnostic imaging segment is considered to be the largest, owing to its ability to facilitate accurate detection of diseases. It had a market share of nearly 30.41% in 2015, and is expected to occupy a similar share till 2020. Apart from diagnostic imaging devices, significant shares in the medical devices market are occupied by medical consumables, IV diagnostic devices, patient aids, etc.
Key growth drivers of the market:
- The central government of India, as well as several private organizations have taken initiatives to improve the condition of public health within the country. Such participation from the public and private enterprises have resulted in the growth of the healthcare sector, thereby leading the medical devices market in India to prosper.
- The Indian government has allowed 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) in the medical devices industry. Inflow of FDI is expected to spur research and development (R&D) activities and manufacturing innovations, which in turn can help in driving the growth of the medical devices market in India.
Key deterrent to the growth of the market:
India imports nearly 70% of the total number of medical devices sold in the country. Excessive dependency on import of high-tech devices from the developed countries is hindering the growth of domestic medical devices’ manufacturers in India.
- Centenial Surgical Suture Ltd.
- Opto Circuits (India) Ltd.
- Poly Medicure Ltd.
- B. Braun Medical (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Philips India Ltd.
- Baxter International Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- GE Healthcare Ltd.
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers, Inc.
With the given market data, we offer customizations according to specific needs. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with us here.
Estimated Delivery Time: 2 business days
Chapter 1: Executive summary
Chapter 2: Socio-economic indicators
Chapter 3: Introduction
3.1. Medical devices market - definition
3.2. Medical devices market - structure
3.3. Key products - overview
3.3.3. Patient monitoring system
3.3.4. Handheld/homecare products
Chapter 4: Global medical devices market
4.1. Market overview
4.2. Market size and growth forecast (2017-2023e)
4.3. Segment-wise sales of medical devices (2018)
4.3.2. Minimally invasive
4.3.5. Wound care
4.3.6. Patient monitoring
Chapter 5: India medical devices market
5.1. Market overview
5.2. Market size and growth forecast (2017-2023e)
5.3. Market segmentation (2015 and 2020e)
5.3.1. Diagnostic imaging
5.3.3. IV diagnostics
5.3.4. Patient aids
5.3.5. Orthopedics and prosthetics
5.3.6. Dental products
5.4. Impact of goods and service tax (GST)
5.5. Medical devices clusters - overview
Chapter 6: Trade analysis
6.1. Export of medical devices
6.2. Import of medical devices
Chapter 7: Key growth drivers of the market
Chapter 8: Key deterrents to the growth of the market
Chapter 9: Competitive landscape
9.1. Centenial Surgical Suture Ltd.
9.1.1. Corporate information
9.1.2. Business description
9.1.3. Products and services
9.1.4. Key people
9.1.5. Financial snapshot (total income, net profit/loss)
9.1.6. Key ratios
9.1.7. Business segments, geographical segments
*Note: Similar information areas will be covered for the remaining competitors
9.2. Opto Circuits (India) Ltd.
9.3. Poly Medicure Ltd.
9.4. B. Braun Medical (India) Pvt. Ltd.
9.5. Philips India Ltd.
9.6. Baxter International Inc.
9.7. Becton, Dickinson and Company
9.8. GE Healthcare Ltd.
9.9. Medtronic, Inc.
9.10. Siemens Healthineers, Inc.
Chapter 10: Recent developments
- Research Methodology
- About Research On Global Markets